Welcome to week # 2 of our CSA. This week we have:
- 2 quarts of white peaches (Early Red Free is the variety)
- 2 quarts of yellow peaches (Glenglo)
- Magenta lettuce
- Green leaf lettuce
- 4 ears of white corn
- 4 zucchini
-1 quart of sugar plums
-1 quart of red new potatoes
- 2 Kirby cucumbers
This week I have a few tips for keeping your share fresh.
- If you haven’t already used up your beets from last week and they are getting soft you can revive them by soaking in a bowl of water in the refrigerator overnight.
- These are early season peaches and tend to ripen very quickly and then need to be eaten as they will not keep long. To use these peaches over the next week, keep some in the refrigerator and take them out gradually so that they are not all ripe at once.
- The sugar plums are not ripe until they lose any greenish cast that they may have.
- Keep all vegetables, even the potatoes, refrigerated.
Enjoy! — Rebecca Melick